College ClosingsIn the event the decision is made to close the college due to inclement weather or other emergencies, Three Rivers uses the following methods to notify students, faculty/staff, and the public about the closing:
- A text message will be sent to those who have opted-in to receive text message alerts from TRC. To opt-in: Send a message to 675-87; type the letter "Y" in the message. If you have questions about the text alerts service, call the Student Services Office at 573-840-9669.
- The college will send all-student and all-employee emails about the closing.
- Notifications will be posted to the Three Rivers website, Facebook page, and Twitter feed, and posted on Blackboard.
- Area TV and radio stations will be notified.
- The closing will be noted in the greeting for the college’s main phone number, 573-840-9600.
If conditions warrant, the college may utilize a Delayed Opening; the same notification methods above will be used. If the opening of the college is delayed, all classes scheduled to begin prior to the delayed opening time will be cancelled. Classes beginning after the delayed opening time will be held as scheduled.
If conditions warrant, the college may close during the day or may cancel evening classes; the same notification methods above will be used.
If the college is closed on Friday, Testing Services will be closed that weekend. Please call Testing Services, 573-840-9667, when the college reopens with any questions about a missed weekend test.