Federal Work-StudyThe Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program provides campus employment for qualified students. Due to limited funding, not every eligible student can participate in the work-study program. College work-study award amounts vary based on student eligibility and the work assignment. Federal work-study participants are paid on a bi-weekly basis. To be eligible for work study employment, a student must have financial need, be enrolled in the current semester, and be in good academic standing. Applications are available at the Financial Aid Office.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE WE CAN DETERMINE IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE:
- Submit a FAFSA.
- Make sure your financial aid file is complete (transcripts, verification documents, etc.).
- Be enrolled in the current semester in an approved degree or certificate program.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Complete the Student Work-Study Employment Application and submit to the Office of Financial Aid:
- Email: email@example.com
- Fax: 573-840-9604 or
- Return to the Office of Financial Aid.
- The Office of Financial Aid will determine eligibility.
- Students who are not eligible will receive communication through the student email account within 7-10 days.
- If you are eligible, your application will be available for review by each department and interviews may be scheduled.
- Applications will remain available for viewing by the designated offices for candidates who are eligible.
- Positions are limited.
- Please contact the Office of Financial Aid if you are no longer interested in a work study position.
- Once hired, the Office of Financial Aid will send your supervisor a Work Study Eligibility & Hiring Form.
- Upon completion of the form, including all signatures, you should submit the form to the Human Resources Office (WEST111 - Westover Building) with required forms of identification.
- All information must be completed, received, and approved by the Human Resources Office AND your timesheet available in your myTRCC.
- At this point, you may begin working at the designated time agreed upon with the supervisor.
For questions about the Federal Work Study program, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 573-840-9606.
Current Available Positions
The following is a list of Work-Study positions currently available to Three Rivers students.
Distance Learning Services
Details: One (1) position available. 19.5 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the Distance Learning Office on the second floor of the E. K. Porter Distance Learning Center.
Description: Communicate with a customer service mindset with all users (students, staff, instructors, high schools, partnership universities, vendors, etc.) that come in contact with Distance Learning; Facilitate ITV video conference room needs on the Poplar Bluff campus: Equipment Troubleshooting, Camera orientation, DVD recording, Classroom Up-Keep, etc.; Monitor and contact off-site facilitators (Three Rivers locations, High Schools, Partnerships) to troubleshoot video conferencing equipment and direct how to correct the orientation of their cameras over the phone; Enroll students and instructors into blackboard courses with direction from Coordinator; Communicate by phone and email with students/instructors to trouble issues with Blackboard Learn web courses. Use a computer to replicate and provide a resolution to the user's issue, and keep all other office staff aware of any ongoing issues reported; During times of high work load, assist Computer Services with technical projects.
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the Office of Institutional Effectiveness (Westover Administration Bldg., Room 209).
Description: Preparation for HLC visit April 2018. The work study position will be responsible for supporting the daily activities of the Office by being prompt and present at the workstation with the ability to work independently and take direction regarding processes and projects that may be ongoing within the office.
Details: One (1) position available. 19.5 hours per week. Inquire and apply with the Maintenance Office (call Rob at 573-772-2016).
Description: Will need to operate various grounds equipment; Will also need to be able to lift and move furniture, boxes, and various other items; Assisting staff in performance of projects. Assisting staff in completion of work tickets.
Maintenance Office Worker
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the Physical Plant Building.
Description: Will need to operate various office equipment; Will also need to be able to file, use spreadsheets and databases; Have good people and phone skills; Be able to see that the office is covered when the AA is in meetings, on projects outside of the office, or absent; Have a good grasp on what offices and classrooms are in what buildings.
Office of Instruction
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the Office of the Dean of Instruction (Westover Building Room A209).
Description: Assist the staff with miscellaneous requests, office support, data entry and other duties as assigned.
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the Registrar’s Office (Westover Administration Bldg.)
Description: Scanning student documents to the correct student/document type; Answering student questions via phone and in person; Assisting staff with miscellaneous requests, office support, data entry, filing, other duties as assigned; Gains knowledge of the college and applies it to assist students and staff.
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the Dean of Students Office (Westover Administration Bldg.).
Description: Answer phones, Greet and direct visitors, Answer phone calls, Scan documents, Assist with mailing projects, Assist with overall projects guest and/or students not only in our office.