Career and Technical Education. The Welding Engineering Technology Welding program focuses on the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed within the manufacturing and maintenance profession. This degree prepares students for entry-level employment and provides a foundation for advancement in the industrial and manufacturing sectors.
- Recognize appropriate safety measures to apply in the welding environment.
- Operate and prepare in cutting and preparation of metal.
- Interpret, as well as illustrate, the terminology in welding prints and codes.
- Create and weld in various weld positions.
- Examine and identify discontinuities and defects in the weld, as well as identification of metal.
- Operate machines and recognize when proper maintenance should be done.