Residence of StudentsSince persons residing within the public school districts of Poplar Bluff R-I, Neelyville R-IV, Twin Rivers R-X, Van Buren R-I, Doniphan R-I, Naylor R-II, East Carter R-II, Ripley County R-III, Ripley County R-IV, Clearwater R-I and Greenville R-II are also residents of the Three Rivers College District, they pay local property taxes to help support the college and are charged in-district tuition.
Persons residing elsewhere in Missouri are charged out-of-district tuition.
Persons residing in the counties of Fulton, Sharp, Randolph, Clay, Greene, Craighead, and Mississippi in the state of Arkansas; persons residing in the counties of Lake and Dyer in the state of Tennessee; persons residing in the counties of Ballard, Carlisle, Hickman, and Fulton in the state of Kentucky, and persons residing in the counties of Union and Alexander in the state of Illinois are charged out-of-district tuition.
All others are charged out-of-state tuition.
In determining the residence of an individual, there should be sufficient proof of domicile within the College district for a period of 12 months. There must be sufficient proof of intent to make the College district a permanent home for an indefinite period with continuous residence in the College district during periods not enrolled as a student.
If a question arises concerning the residency status of the student, it shall be the responsibility of the student to prove residency within the College district. The student can petition the Office of the Registrar for a change of residency. The student needs to submit a completed Residency Evaluation Form with the supporting evidence to the Office of the Registrar. Any change in the student's residency status will not be retroactive.
The following documents can be used as supporting evidence:
- Ownership of home within the College district.
- Payment of personal/property taxes within the College district.
- Reside within the College district upon marriage to a resident and maintenance of common domicile within the college district.
- Proof of address within the College district for 12 months:
- Driver's license showing current address within the College district.
- Voter Registration within the College district.
- Lease/Rental agreement.
- Utility bills.
- Fall semester - September 1
- Spring semester - February 1
- Summer semester - June 1