November 20th, 2018
Three Rivers College and Patrons of the Arts brought Christmas musical to area children
Three Rivers College and Patrons of the Arts presented The Imaginary Theatre Company production of “The Christmas Skates” to a number of schools. The theater group traveled throughout Southeast Missouri performing the musical for elementary school children. Sponsors in each of the seven area towns (listed below) helped make these performances possible.
“The Imaginary Theatre Company does an incredible job bringing stories to life in a way that children enjoy,” said Robert Abney, Director of the Tinnin Fine Arts Center. “‘The Christmas Skates’ was no exception. The true spirit of the holiday season really shone through in this production,” said Abney.
“The College and Patrons of the Arts were thrilled to be able to bring ‘The Christmas Skates’ to children in our community,” said Dr. Wesley Payne, President of Three Rivers College. “Helping children experience fun and learning through theater is just one way we fulfill our mission of providing educational opportunities to the community,” said Payne.
Three Rivers College and Patrons of the Arts will bring two more performances from The Imaginary Theatre Company to select schools this winter: “The Tortoise and the Hare” in January and “Greek Myths: Heroes & Monsters” in February.
The Imaginary Theatre Company is the professional touring ensemble for The Repertory Theatre of St. Louis. They specialize in bringing the very finest in theater to young audiences. Following are the sponsors of “The Christmas Skates” by location:
- Poplar Bluff R-1, performed at the Tinnin Fine Arts Center, morning show sponsored by the Daily American Republic, afternoon show sponsored by First Midwest Bank
- Kennett South Elementary School, sponsored by Walmart
- Sikeston schools, performed at the Field House, sponsored by Harry and Anita Sharp, Dean and Mary Wooden, Randy and Charlotte York, and Walmart
- Puxico Elementary, sponsored by Tyson Foods, Inc.
- Clearwater Elementary, sponsored by Edward Seitz; First Midwest Bank of Piedmont; Heartland Furniture & Appliances, LLC¬–Cindy Boyers; Keith and Judith Mahal; Peoples Community Bank; Piedmont Rotary Club; Hackworth Ferguson & Thompson, LLC; James and Julia Gronski; and Robbi’s Zephyr Café, LLC
- Malden Elementary, sponsored by Malden Arts Council and BPS Networks
- Doniphan Intermediate, sponsored by Castle Products and Services¬–Bill Wright; Griffin Rentals–Sam and Regina Griffin; JW Woodworks–Jim and Debbie Willis; Peoples Community Bank; Diane Silman; The Counseling Office–Sara Craig; Three Rivers Citizens Advisory Board; Vision Improvement Clinic, LLC–Dr. Jim Hunt; Genesis Chiropractic–Dr. Joshua McElhaney; and John and Teresa Klepzig