What is the Office 365 Clutter Feature and How do I Disable It?
Clutter is an Office 365 email filtering feature designed to move low priority messages out of your Inbox and into their own folder titled Clutter. Clutter utilizes actions you have taken in the past to determine the messages you’re most likely to ignore. It then moves those messages to the Clutter folder.
Clutter and junk email are both filtered out before they reach your Inbox. Junk email is evaluated and filtered first. Next, Clutter analyzes the remaining messages destined for your Inbox and filters out the types of messages that you usually ignore or don't respond to, based on your past behavior.Once Clutter is enabled in the Outlook Web Application, it appears in other clients linked to that Exchange account, including Outlook on both Windows and OS X platforms.
How to enable/disable the Clutter Feature
- Within any browser, open the Outlook Web Application (OWA) by going to mymail.trcc.edu
- Log in to myMail with your TRC email address and password
- Choose Outlook from the apps shown.
- Click the Gear icon in the upper right corner and select Mail under Your App Settings
- Select Clutter listed under Automatic Processing
- If you wish to turn on Clutter, check the box next to Separate Items identified as Clutter
- If you wish to turn off Clutter, uncheck the box next to Separate Items identified as Clutter
- Click Save