Financial Aid AppealsFinancial Aid appeals process:
- If a student falls below the satisfactory progress according to College Standards, an email will be sent stating they have not met Satisfactory Academic Progress.
- The student must then complete the Application for Appeal. This will also require the student to meet with an Advisor for an evaluation of the student's educational plan.
- Documentation of circumstances must be attached to the appeal (i.e. medical, legal, etc.).
- Students must also submit a typed statement letter explaining why they are currently not meeting Satisfactory Academic Progress standards and what has changed that will enable them to be successful in the future. Include relevant dates, names and relationships when possible. Students should explain any mitigating circumstances concerning their academic performance or why they failed to complete 67% of coursework.
- Exceptions to the college's Satisfactory Academic Progress policies are not made lightly and will generally be considered only for extenuating circumstances. Decisions are based on an individual's extenuating circumstances, supporting documentation, and the student's academic history.
- Complete the appeal form and attach the required documentation to be considered. Failure to provide all requested information could result in the appeal not being reviewed.
- Students are advised to submit their appeal within 15 days of receiving notification of their status for committee review.
- Appeal determinations will be accessible through the myTRCC student portal and the student email account.