Register for Classes
Current & Returning Students
Per federal financial regulations all courses must directly apply to the student’s degree plan in order for financial aid to pay. Any courses taken outside of the degree plan will be the student’s financial responsibility. To avoid complications with financial aid, all students MUST meet with their advisor to select the correct courses that apply to their degree plan. The advisors will assist students in planning courses to be taken in current and future semesters. Once a student has met with their advisor, they may register online through myTRCC.
Prospective students should visit the Admissions pages to learn about how to become a Three Rivers student. Once you’re enrolled you can register for classes.
Explore our classes and programs. It’s important to meet with your advisor regularly to ensure your courses align with your educational goals and degree pathway.
New Three Rivers students must register in person on campus, at one of the College’s locations, or through a web meeting. All new students are required to attend an advising registration session.
Prior to attending your advising registration session, new students must:
- Complete a Three Rivers College Application for Admission.
- Complete ID Verification: follow the instructions in your admissions email, connect with someone online Monday – Thursday, 8 a.m. – 12 p.m. and 1 – 4 p.m., or contact the Welcome Center at 573-840-9605.
- Submit placement scores from at least one of the following; ACT, SAT, or Accuplacer. For more information, visit the Testing Center. (Scores cannot be older than five years.)
- Request your high school transcript be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Official high school transcripts must have a graduation date and an authorized signature.
- Request your official college transcripts electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse or Parchment, or contact your previous college or university. Mailed transcripts must be received by Three Rivers in a sealed envelope.
- New students should also apply for financial aid by filing a free FAFSA application online. Federal and state aid will not be processed until all transcripts are received.
- Schedule an advising registration session at WelcomeCenter@trcc.edu.
Dropping a Course
Students are strongly encouraged to talk with their instructor and/or advisor before making the decision to drop a class.
Courses dropped during the 100% refund period will not be recorded on the student’s transcript. Courses dropped after the 100% refund date will be recorded on the student’s transcript with a “W” grade, and students will be charged the full price for the course. Three Rivers College does not adhere to prorated costs for courses.
A course may be dropped at any time prior to the 75% date of the course. Students should consult the academic calendar for specific deadlines. After this date, a student cannot drop a single course, but may withdraw from all courses, unless granted permission for a late drop by the Chief Academic Officer.
Withdrawal from College
Students are strongly encouraged to speak with their advisor and the Office of Financial Aid prior to withdrawing from the College. Students may withdraw from the College (drop all courses) up to and including the last day of class prior to final exams.
How to Drop a Course or Withdraw from College
Students may drop a course or withdraw from all courses by completing a Withdraw/Drop form at the Welcome Center, any external location, or on myTRCC. Failure to complete the proper procedure for dropping a class may result in a grade of “F” for the course.