Cancellations and Closings
Three Rivers College makes cancellation and closing decisions as early as possible while closely monitoring conditions.
If conditions warrant, the College may close for the entire day or cancel evening classes. We will monitor weather conditions throughout the day to make a determination on closing a second day.
If the College is closed on a Friday, Testing Services will be closed that weekend, and students should reach out on Monday about missed exams.
All classes scheduled to begin prior to the delayed opening time will be cancelled. Classes beginning after the delayed opening time will be held as scheduled.
If closings or delays are necessary due to inclement weather or other emergencies, Three Rivers College uses the following methods to notify students, faculty, staff and the public:
- Text Message: All students and employees are part of the College’s text alert messaging system. If you do not want to be part of the alert messaging system, reply to the text message with STOP. For more information, call the Welcome Center 573-840-9605.
- Email: All-student and all-employee emails
- Social & Digital Posts: Notifications posted on this website, our Facebook and Twitter channels, and Blackboard
- Local Media: Notifications to local TV and radio stations
- Phone: Updated greeting on the College’s main phone number: 573-840-9600