Skip to content

Transferring Your Credits to Three Rivers

Only official college transcripts will be accepted for transfer credit evaluation purposes. Students must provide all credentials for evaluation at least two weeks before registering for classes to guarantee transfer credits will be evaluated. Students must request an official transcript from each institution attended be sent directly to TRC.

Official transcripts can be received in the following ways:

  • Electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment or other verifiable E-script service
  • Unopened envelope mailed or hand-delivered to the Office of the Registrar
    Three Rivers College
    Office of the Registrar
    2080 Three Rivers College
    Poplar Bluff, MO 63901

Transfer Policies

Three Rivers College adheres to the guidelines set forth in the Credit Transfer: Guidelines for Student Transfer and Articulation among Missouri Colleges and Universities, approved by the Missouri Coordinating Board for Higher Education.

Under these guidelines, students who transfer from Missouri public colleges and universities and Missouri private institutions that adhere to these guidelines will be considered as having met the Three Rivers College general education requirements if they complete the Missouri CORE 42 block of general education.

More about CORE 42 Alternative College Credit Transfer Military Credit

Evaluating Credentials

Similar transfer courses are equated to Three Rivers courses when evaluating credits. Only courses that will count toward a degree program at Three Rivers will be transcripted.

Non-equivalent transfer courses may be counted as electives. All courses transferred to TRC will calculate in the cumulative GPA. Repeated courses from an incoming transcript will be treated the same way as repeated courses taken at Three Rivers College with regard to GPA calculations.

Accredited Institutions

Three Rivers awards college credit in transfer for college-level courses completed at colleges and universities accredited by the following accrediting agencies. Credit earned at other institutions will be evaluated on a case-by-case basis.

  • Middle States Commission on Higher Education
  • New England Association of Schools and Colleges
  • Higher Learning Commission
  • Northwest Commission on Colleges and Universities
  • Southern Association of Colleges and Schools
  • Western Association of Schools and Colleges
  • Accrediting Commission for Community and Junior Colleges
  • Council on Occupational Education

International Transfers

If a student has completed college/university coursework at an institution outside of the U.S., they must have their transcripts/diplomas evaluated by AACRAO, members of NACES, or other professional credential evaluation companies. “Course by course” evaluations should be obtained if at all possible. Students are responsible for paying any fees associated with the credential evaluation process. If a student is coming from a foreign institution accredited by a U.S. regional accreditor, they do not need to have their credentials evaluated.

Viewing Your Transfer Evaluation Report in myTRCC

See the details for what credit has been given at Three Rivers for transfer coursework from another college in myTRCC. After logging in, click on the Academics tab and then click on Transfer Summary. Below are answers to our most frequently asked questions.

Why is my high school transcript on this list?
While your high school transcript is listed, there will be no transfer credit evaluation.

What does it mean if the college is listed, but there are no courses?
We either haven’t received the transcript or we have it, but have not evaluated it yet.

How do I request a re-evaluation of courses on my transfer credit report?
If you feel something is missing or not transferred as expected, you can request a re-evaluation of credits by sending a course description to

How can I tell if the evaluation is completed?
As our team enters evaluations into our system, they immediately become available in myTRCC for you to view. You will be notified via your TRC email account after we are finished evaluating your transcript.

How Advanced Placement Works at TRC

High school graduates who participate in the College Board Advanced Placement Program and pass the final examination with a score of 3 or higher, may receive credit for those subjects. For additional information, please contact the Office of the Registrar at 573-840-9665 or

To request an original copy of your score report, please visit the College Board AP Program.

Send your AP Transcript to:
Three Rivers College
Attn: Office of the Registrar
2080 Three Rivers Blvd.
Poplar Bluff, MO  63901

Advanced Placement Equivalences at Three Rivers

How the College Level Examination Program Works at TRC

The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) provides an opportunity to demonstrate acquired knowledge equivalent to college-level courses. A score at the 50th percentile or higher is required to receive credit for a CLEP subject examination. Students seeking information about the CLEP examinations may contact Three Rivers Testing Services at 573-840-9667.

To request an original copy of your score report, please visit CLEP Testing.

Send CLEP Transcripts to:
Three Rivers College
Attn: Office of the Registrar
2080 Three Rivers Blvd.
Poplar Bluff, MO  63901

Note: Optional Essays Not Required at Three Rivers
The American Literature, Analyzing and Interpreting Literature, College Composition Modular, and English Literature exams have optional essays that may be required by some colleges and universities. These essays are scored by faculty at the colleges and universities that require them. Three Rivers does not grade or require these optional essays.

CLEP Equivalences at Three Rivers

Main Campus
2080 Three Rivers Blvd., Poplar Bluff, MO 63901
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

P: (877) 879-8722 View all locations