Skip to content

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

The College participates in student financial aid programs offered through the U.S. Department of Education, which include:

School code for Three Rivers College is 004713.


Items Needed to Submit FAFSA

  • Social Security number for yourself and parents (if dependent).
  • Your driver’s license (if applicable).
  • Your federal and state income tax returns (and your spouse’s, if you are married) or W-2 Forms and other records of money earned.
  • Your parents’ federal and state income tax return (if you are a dependent student).
  • Any untaxed income.
  • Your current bank statements.
  • Your current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond, and other investment records.
  • Your alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen).

Tax Records Needed2022 Tax year
Semesters student plans to attendSpring 2024
Summer 2024
Fall 2024
Spring 2025

Complete the FAFSA Online

  1. Apply for a FSA ID.
  2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. Remember that no fee is charged to apply.
  3. Make sure to select the correct FAFSA year (see table above). Summer semester at Three Rivers College is treated as a trailer semester to the academic year. Students starting in Summer will need to submit a FAFSA for the current year, as well as the next year if planning to attend in the fall.
  4. Be sure to add the Three Rivers College school code 004713.
  5. Link your taxes using the FAFSA’s IRS Data Retrieval Tool (dependent students will also need to link parent tax information). Instructions for linking taxes are available on the IRS website and can be found here.
  6. For more information on how to complete the FAFSA, please contact the Office of Financial Aid, external locations, or refer to the Federal Student Aid Website.

Consideration for Special Circumstances

If your or your family’s financial situation has changed significantly from what is reported on your FAFSA, you may be eligible to have your financial aid adjusted. (For example, if you’ve lost a job or otherwise experienced a reduction in income.) Income adjustments will not be made for students with a 0 EFC.

Special Circumstances warranting Professional Judgment Consideration

Circumstances may include, but are not limited to:

  • Loss of employment (must have been unemployed for at least 10 consecutive weeks)
  • Loss or significant change in income (change must have occurred for at least 10 consecutive weeks)
  • Separation or divorce
  • Death of a parent or student’s spouse after applying for Federal Student Aid
  • Unusually high medical expenses (not covered by insurance, exceeding 11% of adjusted gross income, and not claimed as a deduction on income taxes)

To request a Special Circumstance, please fill out and submit the Special Circumstance Request form for the appropriate year, found on the Forms & Documents page under Special Documents.

Main Campus
2080 Three Rivers Blvd., Poplar Bluff, MO 63901
Office Hours: Monday – Friday 8 a.m. to 5 p.m.

P: (877) 879-8722 View all locations