TRIO Talent Search
What is Educational Talent Search?
Three Rivers College’s Educational Talent Search (ETS) is a TRiO program that provides education outreach and is funded through the U.S. Department of Education. Educational Talent Search is designed to motivate and support students in grades 6-12 who have the potential to succeed in college.
The Educational Talent Search program:
- Provides academic, career, and financial aid counseling to its participants.
- Encourages them to graduate from high school.
- Encourages them to continue on to the postsecondary school of their choice.
Three Rivers’ ETS has many activities for participants throughout the school year, including monthly in-school workshops, college campus tours, and cultural enrichment trips. As students advance toward high school graduation, the focus is centered on preparing them to apply, enroll, and become successful in their postsecondary careers. Services provided by the program include goal setting, character building activities, and many more.
Am I eligible?
- My parent(s) do not have a bachelors degree
- My family is eligible for services such as free or reduced school lunch
- My family’s income is limited and we will need significant help with funding my college education
Is my school an ETS target school?
Schools in the following districts are targeted for recruitment by Three River’s Educational Talent Search: Campbell, Dexter R-XI, Doniphan R-1, East Carter County R-II, Greenville R-II, Naylor R-2, Neelyville R-4, Poplar Bluff R-1, Southern Reynolds County R-II, and Twin Rivers.
Documents and Forms
Below are some of the documents and forms relating to Educational Talent Search at Three Rivers College.
How can my Outreach Specialist help me?
- Provide connections to tutoring
- Teach you to manage a budget
- Provide career, college, and scholarship information
- Explain and answer questions on the FAFSA form
- Help with college applications and ACT tests
- Advise and mentor on middle school, high school, and college course selection
- Help you apply for college
How to Contact ETS
- Office Phone: (573) 840-9532
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org