Take the shortest pathway to your greatest success at Three Rivers College. Get started today.Apply Now Request Info
Admissions Policy & Requirements
Three Rivers College is an open access institution that provides full educational opportunities and encourages the enrollment of all persons able to benefit from the education programs offered by the College. Three Rivers commits itself to the policy that there shall be no unlawful discrimination against any person because of race, color, gender, sexual orientation, religion, age, disability, or national origin. The College strictly adheres to all local, state, accreditation, and federal policies and rules that may apply to college admissions.
For additional information, please review our Admissions Requirements & Regulations.
Select academic programs have a limited number of student spots. Students will be accepted according to the approved selection process as outlined in each program’s section.
Getting Started Checklist
Here’s everything you need to get started at Three Rivers College. Follow these simple steps to begin your path to success.
All students must complete an application first.
2. Explore Financial Aid Options
Three Rivers College offers affordable tuition and fees as well as financial aid options.
All students interested in financial aid must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), and use our school code: 004713.
Requirements for Financial Aid:
- High school transcripts or HiSET/GED scores are required by the federal government for any student wanting to receive federal aid. Financial Aid also requires students to submit official college transcripts from all institutions attended to the Office of the Registrar.
- Income tax form or other proof of income
- Must be degree-seeking in order to receive Financial Aid
- Must maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress to continue to receive Financial Aid
If you have any questions regarding financial aid or scholarships, contact the Financial Aid office at 573-840-9606.
3. Submit Test Scores or Take a Placement Test
Placement scores are not used for admission to the College, but rather to assist advisors in placing you in classes where you will be most successful.
If you have not taken the ACT, SAT, Accuplacer or Three Rivers College’s Guided-Self Placement Questionnaire in the last five years, you will need to take a placement exam.
Previous college credits may be used instead of test results. To determine if your previous credits may be used instead of test results, please submit college transcripts to the Office of the Registrar.
4. Submit High School or Previous College Transcripts
Official transcripts should be submitted to the Office of the Registrar.
- Official high school transcripts must have a graduation date and an authorized signature.
- Official college transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope or electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment or other verifiable E-script service.
Federal and state aid will not be processed until all transcripts are received.
5. View New Student Orientation Video
All new students should review our Registration and Orientation for College Success (ROCS) video.
6. Schedule an Advising Session
Contact the Welcome Center at 573-840-9605 or EnrollNow@trcc.edu to schedule an advising session before registering for classes.
Before reaching out, ensure that you’ve:
- Completed your application.
- Submitted placement scores.
- Submitted transcripts.
7. Understand Billing & Tuition
The schedule provided at the time of registration includes your cost of tuition. Your tuition must be paid, or payment arrangements made, by the due date listed on the Tuition & Fees page.
Cancellation and/or late charges will occur if the bill is not paid on time. Financial Aid can be used for payment of the tuition only when an award notice has been received by the College.
8. Get Your Student ID/Raider OneCard
All Three Rivers students need to have a valid Three Rivers ID card. Your card can be used for the following:
- Picking up rental textbooks at The College Store (photo ID is required)
- Checking out books/materials at the Rutland Library
- Identification for scholarship/financial aid checks from the Student Accounts Office
- Free admission to all regular Raider home games (tournament games excluded)
- Admission to Three Rivers campus activities
- Discounts at participating local merchants
As of Fall 2020, Three Rivers College will no longer be partnering with BankMobile and the associated Raider OneCard. To receive a new ID please visit Testing Services or your external location representative to have a photo taken for your ID and to pick up or have the ID shipped to one of our external locations.
Three Rivers awards college credit in transfer for college-level courses completed at accredited colleges and universities. Learn more about transfer requirements.