SkillUP is a free program for Food Stamp recipients to gain skills, training and/or work experience to raise income.
- Training that’s fully paid for
- Classes can be finished in a short timeframe
- Help with resume and interviewing skills
- Help with transportation expenses
- Help with certain expenses necessary to start employment
- Commercial Driving: 200-hour program including classroom learning, simulator practice and real road driving to obtain a Missouri Class A CDL Driver License
- Heavy Highway Construction, Level 1: 240-hour program including orientation to the trade, equipment, site work, construction math, rigging practices, principles of cranes and safety. Students will receive a certificate from the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER) upon completion. Students will also receive their Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) 10 card and flagger training certificate.
Truck Readiness Education & Driving
The TREAD program offers SkillUP eligible participants free commercial driving training at Three Rivers College.