How to apply for a Direct Student Loan:
- Submit your FAFSA online at www.fafsa.gov.
- Your file must be complete before applying for a loan (complete verification if you were selected, turn in all transcripts, etc.).
- You MUST be registered in at least six (6) hours each semester to be eligible for a loan.
- First-time borrowers and transfer students must sign a new Electronic Master Promissory Note (eMPN) at studentloans.gov listing Three Rivers as their school.
- Students must annually complete Loan Entrance Counseling and Financial Awareness Counseling, both available at studentloans.gov.
- All borrowers must read, complete, and return the Student Loan Data Sheet which is available at the Financial Aid Office or other Three Rivers Campuses. Online students may obtain the form by emailing email@example.com. Students must also return a confirmation of their annual completion of the Financial Awareness Counseling mentioned above, in order to be processed.
For more information on smart borrowing, contact 573-840-9511 to speak with a Financial Aid loan specialist.