Direct Student LoanThree Rivers College is approved to participate in the Federal Direct Student Loan program which includes Subsidized Student Loans, Unsubsidized Student Loans and Parent Plus Loans. Completion of the FAFSA is necessary to determine eligibility. Student loans must be repaid.
Direct Student Loan Application Instructions
We strongly encourage you to borrow responsibly. You can choose to accept, reduce, or decline your loan amount during the on-campus loan counseling session or by completing a Student Loan Change Form.
- Student must have completed FAFSA on file.
- Financial Aid file must be complete. (This includes verification, transcripts, or any missing documents.)
- All High School Transcripts and College Transcripts (if applicable) must be on file.
- Must be degree seeking and enrolled in at least 6 hours in an approved program.
- Must be in good academic standing and meet all Satisfactory Academic Progress guidelines.
- Must be enrolled in classes that progress your degree plan, as approved by your academic advisor.
Complete the following:
- Student Loan Data Sheet
- Student must visit studentloans.gov to complete the following:
- Complete, print, and turn in Master Promissory Note.
- Complete, print, and turn in Entrance Counseling.
- Complete, print, and turn in Financial Awareness Counseling.
- There is a 30 day delay for first time loan borrowers.
- Calculate what your monthly loan payment will be over a 10-year repayment schedule using the repayment estimator at studentloans.gov.
- Print confirmations from all the above items listed in 1st time loan borrowers section.
- Visit www.nslds.ed.gov and print your previously borrowed amounts and calculate what your monthly loan payment will be over a 10-year repayment schedule using the repayment estimator at studentloans.gov.
- Submit the Student Loan Data Sheet and printed forms to the Financial Aid Office and schedule a Student Loan Workshop.
- Attend the scheduled Student Loan Workshop.
- Loans are processed in order they are received.
Three Rivers does not offer alternative loans such as Perkins or private student loans due to the college's low cost of attendance. For more information regarding student loans, please contact the Financial Aid Office at 573-840-9606 or firstname.lastname@example.org.