Commitments that inform the mission:
- Open access to educational programs to prepare students for transfer to a four-year baccalaureate institution, as well as programs of career and technical education to prepare students for entry or advancement in the global workforce.
- Comprehensive academic services, learning resources, basic skills development and educational opportunities for students of diverse cultural, socioeconomic and academic backgrounds.
- Support services and student activities to enhance individual growth and academic potential.
- Collaborative partnerships to develop specialized programs that meet the changing needs of business and industry, government, secondary schools and other colleges and universities.
- Lifelong learning opportunities for individuals, who wish to improve job performance, develop new skills or pursue personal interests.
- Community services that support and encourage the economic, civic and cultural vitality of the region.