Our Associate of Arts degree with courses in English will help you develop strong skills for writing, communication, researching, critical thinking, analysis, and more.
These skills will help you build a solid foundation for a wide variety of careers, including education, writing, journalism, law, communications, and social media.
Further your writing skills by getting involved:
- Submit your original poems or stories to Confluence, the Creative Writing Journal of Three Rivers College
- Perform at the annual Poetry Slam during Liberal Arts Week
- Join the Creative Writing Circle
Confluence, the Creative Writing Journal of Three Rivers College, features fiction, poetry, and essays from TRC students, faculty, staff, and the community.
Submissions are accepted in early March of each year, and can be based on any subject, topic, or genre of your choice.
Join the TRC Creative Writing Circle and see where your imagination takes you! The group meets during the Fall and Spring semesters on Wednesdays at 2 p.m. in the Tinnin Fine Arts Center, room 108.
If you have questions or would like to know more, please contact Wes Montgomery at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Three Rivers offers the following Literature classes:
- Introduction to Literature
- World Literature to 1600 (Western world literature)
- World Literature since 1600 (Western world literature)
- English Literature to 1798
- English Literature since 1798
- American Literature to 1870
- American Literature since 1870
Get involved with the activities and learning opportunities during Liberal Arts Week, held in the Spring semester each year.
As part of Liberal Arts Week each year, Three Rivers holds a Poetry Slam featuring students, faculty, and staff performing their original works.
Southeast Missouri Regional Spelling Bee
Each spring, Three Rivers College hosts the Southeast Missouri Regional Spelling Bee. The winner of this Bee advances to the Scripps National Spelling Bee in Washington D.C. College faculty have organized the event since 2010.
Associate Professor, English
Three Rivers College Catalog
Get information about core courses, electives and concentrations in our current academic course catalog.