A+ Scholarship Program
The A+ award is reduced by the amount of available non-loan, federal financial assistance, such as the federal Pell grant. The A+ award may result in zero if the Pell grant is sufficient to cover your tuition and common fees. Completion of the FAFSA is required.
To maintain eligibility while attending Three Rivers, the A+ student must:
- Submit a copy of the official A+ stamped high school transcript.
- Complete and submit the FAFSA application each year. (Remember that for Summer A+ you must complete the previous year's FAFSA.)
- Be enrolled in and complete a minimum of 12 hours for the fall and spring semester (6 hours for summer).
- Complete the first semester with a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) and complete each following semester with a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Pursue an approved degree or certificate program.
- Visiting students are not eligible.
- You will be financially responsible for the charges for that class, as funds will be returned to the State of Missouri for the dropped course(s).
- If, after dropping the class, you do not meet the 12 hour completion requirement (6 credits for summer), you will lose your A+ eligibility for future semesters.
- To regain eligibility, you must complete the number of credits making the difference between the actual credits completed and the 12 hours completion requirement (for instance, if you drop and only complete 7 hours in Spring, you’d have to complete 5 credits in Summer, paying out-of-pocket, to regain A+ Scholarship eligibility for the following Fall).
- If, after your first renewal, your cumulative GPA drops below 2.5, you lose your A+ eligibility. You may regain eligibility the semester after you bring your cumulative GPA back up to 2.5 or greater.
- You have a 4 year window beginning at high school graduation to use A+ (Service in the U.S. armed forces can defer your eligibility window).
- You receive an associate’s degree.
- You complete 105% of the number of credit hours required in your current program of study (if you change your major or take classes outside your program of study your A+ Scholarship may end before you can graduate).
Access Missouri Financial Assistance
Access Missouri Financial Assistance is a need based program for Missouri residents. who meet the application deadline. Eligibility is determined by the student’s expected family contribution (EFC) as calculated through the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). Award amounts are determined by the state of Missouri. If students are eligible for the A+ Scholarship Program, the Access Missouri Award will be reduced by the amount of the A+ reimbursement. Additional information, deadlines and criteria may be located on the Missouri Department of Higher Education website.
Bright Flight Scholarship
Missouri Bright Flight Scholarship is a merit based program that encourages top-ranked high school seniors to attend approved Missouri post-secondary schools. More information and criteria may be located on the Missouri Department of Higher Education website.
Marguerite Ross Barnett Scholarship
This need-based scholarship was established for students who are employed while attending school part-time. More information and criteria may be located on the Missouri Department of Higher Education website.
A complete listing of state programs is available on the Missouri Department of Higher Education website.
For additional information please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 573-840-9606 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.