Work toward your teaching degree with the convenience of online classes.
If your goal is to become an elementary, middle, or high school teacher, Three Rivers College can be a steppingstone on your path to success. Three Rivers’ Education pathways are designed to prepare you for transfer to a baccalaureate education degree program, including those offered at Three Rivers College locations by Central Methodist University (Secondary Education in Math or Science, Music Education, and Special Education), Hannibal-LaGrange University (Elementary Education and Early Childhood), and Southeast Missouri State University (Early Childhood, Elementary, Middle School, and Exceptional Child Education).
At Three Rivers, you will receive a strong foundation in general education subjects, plus courses on best practices in learning theories and instructional strategies and 30-40 hours in the field observing teachers in the classroom.
Three Rivers’ class sizes are small, offering more personalized instruction than at a large university. This provides an affordable opportunity to discover the area of teaching in which you want to specialize.
For transfer to Missouri colleges or universities:
- Associate of Arts in Teaching degree, Early Childhood Education*
- Associate of Arts in Teaching degree, Elementary Education*
- Associate of Arts in Teaching degree, Middle School Education*
- Associate of Arts in Teaching degree, Secondary Education*
For Arkansas State University Transfer:
- Associate of Arts degree, Elementary Education pathway*
- Associate of Arts degree, Mid-Level Education pathway*
- Associate of Arts degree, Secondary Education pathway*
- Associate of Arts degree, General Education*
*45 hours of classroom observation/engagement is required.
**100 hours of classroom observation/engagement is required.