Filing a FAFSA is the first step in applying for most financial aid for college. At the October 18 event, financial aid professionals from Three Rivers will provide free assistance and answer questions about FAFSA and financial aid.
The event at TRC is part of a statewide effort organized by the Missouri Department of Higher Education and is open to all high school seniors, current college students, and adults interested in attending college.
The 2019-20 FAFSA will be available beginning Oct. 1. Students should fill out a FAFSA every year they plan to attend college. The application determines eligibility for most types of federal and state financial aid, including grants, scholarships, and loans, as well as financial assistance offered by colleges and universities.
FAFSA Frenzy participants should bring:
- 2017 W-2 forms
- Copies of their 2017 tax forms
- Social Security number
- Student and parent FSA IDs (Students and parents should apply for separate FSA ID user names and passwords at https://fsaid.ed.gov/npas/index.htm before attending a FAFSA Frenzy event.)
“If you are unable to attend the October 18 event but need assistance completing the FAFSA form, feel free to visit us in the Financial Aid office of Three Rivers College, Poplar Bluff, as well as our locations in Sikeston, Kennett, and Dexter,” said Regina Morris, TRC Director of Financial Aid.
Three Rivers locations and phone numbers are:
- Three Rivers College Campus: 2080 Three Rivers Boulevard, Poplar Bluff; phone: 573-840-9605.
- Three Rivers – Sikeston: 1400 S. Main, Sikeston; phone: 573-472-5223.
- Three Rivers – Dexter: 515A West Market, Dexter; phone: 573-614-1081.
- Three Rivers – Kennett: 1002 Great West Drive, Kennett; phone: 573-888-6381.
FAFSA Frenzy is sponsored annually by the Missouri Department of Higher Education, in partnership with the Missouri Association of Student Financial Aid Personnel, the Missouri Higher Education Loan Authority, and the National College Access Network.
For more information about the FAFSA Frenzy program, visit journeytocollege.mo.gov/fafsa-frenzy.
Three Rivers College is committed to contributing to the quality of life in Southeast Missouri with quality, affordable higher education opportunities and community services that support and encourage the economic, civic, and cultural vitality of the region. For more information about college and workforce programs and upcoming events, visit trcc.edu.