Career and Technical Education. The Accounting Technology program is designed for students planning a career that requires expertise in accounting, information systems, and/or communication. Possible areas of employment include healthcare, banking, manufacturing, merchandising, and public accounting.
- Perform financial accounting and management functions using report format and procedures.
- Communicate business information effectively within a business environment.
- Demonstrate knowledge of accounting systems for service, merchandising, and manufacturing companies operating as soleproprietorships, partnerships, or enterprises.
- Utilize current income tax resources to prepare personal tax returns.
- Use technology to solve complex business issues, report, and display these solutions in an appropriate manner.
- Demonstrate knowledge of accounting as it relates to payroll.