Career and Technical Education. The Welding Technology Welding program focuses on the knowledge and skills necessary to succeed within the manufacturing and maintenance profession. This degree prepares students for entry-level employment and provides a foundation for advancement in the industrial and manufacturing sectors.
- Recognize appropriate safety measures to apply in the welding environment.
- Operate and prepare in cutting and preparation of metal.
- Interpret, as well as illustrate, the terminology in welding prints and codes.
- Create and weld in various weld positions.
- Examine and identify discontinuities and defects in the weld, as well as identification of metal.
- Operate machines and recognize when proper maintenance should be done.
Three Rivers College Catalog
Get information about core courses, electives and concentrations in our current academic course catalog.