Proof of Residence
If you live within a designated district, you may be eligible for a reduced tuition rate. Take a look at the districts listed on this page to find out if you qualify for the in-district rate and access the details and paperwork needed to prove residence.
Determination of residency will be made during the admission process.
Students living in the following public school districts and pay local property taxes are charged in-district tuition:
- Clearwater R-1
- Doniphan R-1
- East Carter R-II
- Greenville R-II
- Naylor R-II
- Neelyville R-IV
- Poplar Bluff R-1
- Ripley County R-III
- Ripley County R-IV
- Twin Rivers R-X
- Van Buren R-1
Students living elsewhere in Missouri or any other state are charged out-of-district tuition.
Proof of Residency
In determining the residence of an individual, there should be sufficient proof of domicile within the College District for a period of 12 months. There must be sufficient proof of intent to make the College District a permanent home for an indefinite period with continuous residence in the College District during periods not enrolled as a student.
If a question arises concerning the residency status of the student, the student is responsible for proving residency within the College District. The student can petition the Office of the Registrar for a change of residency. The student needs to submit a completed Residency Evaluation Form with the supporting evidence to the Office of the Registrar. Any change in the student’s residency status will not be retroactive.
Documents Accepted as Proof of Residence
- Ownership of home within the College District.
- Payment of property taxes within the College District.
- Residence within the College District upon marriage to a resident and maintenance of common domicile within the College District.
- Proof of address within the College District for 12 months:
- Driver’s license showing current address within the College District.
- Voter Registration within the College District.
- Lease/Rental Agreement.
- Utility bills.
- DD214 for Veterans & Dependents.
The Residency Evaluation Form, along with all supporting documentation, must be submitted to the Office of the Registrar no later than the following deadlines: