Getting started at Three Rivers College has never been easier. Follow these simple steps to begin your path to success.
All the materials you will need to get started at Three Rivers can be found on this checklist.
If you would like general information or information about a specific program, you may request a packet be mailed to you using the online request form or by calling the Welcome Center at 573-840-9605.
Step 1. Application for Admission
Complete the Application for Admission using the convenient online form.
Step 2. Financial Aid
Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Three Rivers College school code is 004713. If you have any questions regarding financial aid or scholarships, contact the Financial Aid office at 573-840-9606. Students may enroll in courses without financial aid, but will be responsible for the balance due.
- High school transcripts or HiSET/GED scores are required by the federal government for any student wanting to receive federal aid. Financial Aid also requires students to submit official college transcripts from all institutions attended to the Office of the Registrar.
- Income Tax form or other proof of income.
- Student must be degree-seeking in order to receive Financial Aid.
- Students are required to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress to continue to receive aid.
New students are required to complete a placement exam prior to advisement. If you have not taken the ACT, SAT, Accuplacer, or Three Rivers College’s Guided-Self Placement Questionnaire in the last five years, you will need to schedule a placement exam. Previous college credits may be used instead of test results. To determine if your previous credits may be used instead of test results, please submit college transcripts to the Office of the Registrar. Results of the test are not used for admission to the College, but rather to assist advisors in placing you in classes where you will be most successful. Submit placement scores from at least one of the following; ACT, SAT, Accuplacer, or Three Rivers College Guided-Self Placement Questionnaire. (To schedule an Accuplacer or take Three Rivers College Guided-Self Placement Questionnaire, visit the Testing Center.)
- Completed Application for Admission.
- Valid picture ID.
- Approximately 2 hours of your time.
Official transcripts should be submitted to the Office of the Registrar. Federal and state aid will not be processed until all transcripts are received. Official high school transcripts must have a graduation date and an authorized signature. Official College transcripts must be received in a sealed envelope or electronically through the National Student Clearinghouse, Parchment or other verifiable E-script service.
Step 5. New Student Registration/Orientation (ROCS)
Before registering, all new students are required to review our Registration and Orientation for College Success (ROCS) video.
Once the ROCs video and booklet have been reviewed, please contact the Welcome Center at 573-840-9605 or email EnrollNow@trcc.edu to schedule an advising session.
- Students must have completed an Application for Admission to Three Rivers College.
- Submit placement scores from at least one of the following; ACT, SAT, Accuplacer, or Three Rivers College Guided-Self PlacementQuestionnaire. (To schedule an Accuplacer or take Three Rivers College Guided-Self Placement Questionnaire, visit the Testing Center.) Scores cannot be older than five years.
- TRANSFER or NON-DEGREE STUDENTS: If a student plans to register for a course that requires a prerequisite that has been taken at a previous institution, please be prepared to show evidence (such as grade report or transcript) that the prerequisite has been successfully completed.
The schedule provided at the time of registration includes the cost of tuition. The tuition must be paid, or payment arrangements made, by the due date listed on the Tuition & Fees webpage. Cancellation and/or late charges will occur if the bill is not paid on time. Financial Aid can be used for payment of the tuition only when an award notice has been received by the College.
All Three Rivers students need to have an official Three Rivers ID card, known as the Raider OneCard. The Raider OneCard may also be used as a banking card on which Financial Aid and other school refunds are deposited. A $2.99 monthly fee is associated when using the Raider OneCard as a preferred refund method. Please see the Raider OneCard website for cost-free options. A valid Three Rivers ID card is to be used for the following:
- Picking up rental textbooks at The College Store (photo ID is required).
- Checking out books/materials at the Rutland Library.
- Identification for scholarship/financial aid checks from the Student Accounts Office.
- Free admission to all regular Raider home games (tournament games excluded).
- Admission to Three Rivers campus activities.
- Discounts at participating local merchants.