Getting Started ChecklistGetting started at Three Rivers has never been easier. Follow these simple steps to begin your path to success.
All the materials you will need to get started at Three Rivers can be found on this checklist.
If you would like general information or information about a specific degree, you may request a packet to be mailed to you using the online request form or by calling the Welcome Center at 573-840-9605.
1. Application for Admission
Complete the Application for Admission using the convenient online form.
2. Financial Aid
Complete your Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). The Three Rivers College school code is 004713. If you have any questions regarding financial aid or scholarships, contact the Financial Aid office at 573-840-9606.
- High school transcripts are required by the federal government for any student wanting to receive federal aid. Financial Aid also requires students to submit official college transcripts from all institutions attended to the Registrar's Office.
- Income Tax form or other proof of income.
- Student must be degree-seeking in order to receive Financial Aid.
- Students are required to maintain Satisfactory Academic Progress to continue to receive aid.
New students are required to complete a placement exam prior to advisement. If you have not taken the ACT in the last two years, you will need to schedule a placement exam. Previous college credits may be used instead of test results. To determine if your previous credits may be used instead of test results, please submit college transcripts to the Registrar's Office. Results of the test are not used for admission to the college, but rather to assist advisors in placing you in classes where you will be most successful. To sign-up for the Accuplacer placement exam register online.
- Completed application for admission.
- Valid picture ID.
- Approximately 2 hours of your time.
Official transcripts should be submitted to the Registrar's Office.
5. New Student Registration/Orientation (ROCS)
All new students, as well as students who did not attend classes in the previous semester, are required to sign up for a New Student Registration and Orientation for College Success (ROCS) Session for orientation and registration for classes. ROCS Sessions are located in the Welcome Center on the Poplar Bluff campus, or Coordinators can be found at one of the other Three Rivers locations. To schedule to attend a ROCS Session, fill out the online form or contact the Welcome Center at 573-840-9605.
- Students must have completed an Application for Admission to Three Rivers College.
- Completion of Step 3, with ACT or placement test scores on file with Three Rivers College.
- TRANSFER or NON-DEGREE STUDENTS: If a student plans to register for a course that requires a pre-requisite that has been taken at a previous institution, please be prepared to show evidence (i.e. grade report or transcript) that the pre-requisite has been successfully completed.
The schedule provided at the time of registration includes the cost of tuition. The tuition must be paid, or payment arrangements made, by the due date listed on the Three Rivers College website. Cancellation and/or late charges will occur if the bill is not paid on time. Financial Aid can be used for payment of the tuition only when an award notice has been received by the college.
7. Student ID/RaiderOneCard
All Three Rivers students need to have an official Three Rivers ID card, known as the RaiderOneCard. The RaiderOneCard doubles as a debit card on which Financial Aid and other school refunds are deposited. A valid Three Rivers ID card is be used for the following:
- Picking up rental textbooks at The College Store.
- Checking out books/materials at the Rutland Library.
- Identification for scholarship/financial aid checks from the Student Accounts Office.
- Free admission to all regular Raider home games (tournament games excluded).
- Admission to Three Rivers campus activities.
- Discounts at participating local merchants.