Three Rivers College offers an extensive dual credit program to our area high school students. Through Dual Credit courses, students can build their college transcript at a discounted tuition rate while meeting high school graduation requirements. Dual Credit allows students to complete their college degree in a shorter amount of time and at a fraction of the cost.
For more information, please contact our Dual Credit Coordinator, Amanda Taylor at firstname.lastname@example.org or 573-840-9619.
Dual Credit Tuition
$66 per credit hour, all inclusive. Includes tuition, fees, and text books/learning materials.
Dual Credit Getting Started Checklist
Step 1. Dual Credit Application
Complete and submit the Dual Credit Application.Step 2: Placement Test
Dual Credit students are required to obtain qualifying placement scores before registration. If you do not have an eligible ACT score, please complete the TRC Guided Self-Placement Questionnaire.Step 3: Course Selection
Using the Course Offering and Descriptions document, verify your courses with your High School Counselor or the Three Rivers Dual Credit Coordinator.Step 4: Registration
Using the Registration Guide, complete registration via myTRCC.Step 5: Textbooks/Learning Materials
All Dual Credit textbooks and learning materials will be sent to your high school after registration is complete.Step 6: Payment Options
Three Rivers offers flexible payment options for our Dual Credit students.
- Option 1: Pay the total amount of your course(s) before classes begin.
- Option 2: Make two payments.
- Payment 1 due before classes begin.
- Payment 2 due by Fall/Spring break.
The College accepts cash, check, and credit cards/debit cards.
- If paying with cash, you will need to bring payment to the Poplar Bluff campus or to a Three Rivers external location.
- You can pay with a debit or credit card through myTRCC or through Student Accounts at 573-840-9662.
- If paying with a check, mail it to Three Rivers College or deliver it to a Three Rivers external location.
- Three Rivers College
ATTN: Student Accounts
2080 Three Rivers Blvd.
Poplar Bluff, MO 63901
Dual Credit Advantages
- Dual Credit students experience college level coursework while in high school, making the transition after graduation smoother.
- The Dual Credit hours accumulated can shorten the time needed to complete a degree at a college or university.
- Dual Credit students have full access to all resources at Three Rivers College.
- Dual Credit offers courses that may not be offered at your high school.
- Dual Credit students receive the same course as a regular college student at a fraction of the cost.
Students in the 11th and 12th grades interested in Dual Credit must also meet the additional criteria listed below:
- Students in the 11th and 12th grades with an overall minimum grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) are automatically eligible for dual credit courses.
- Students in the 11th and 12th grades with an overall grade point average between 2.5 – 2.99 (on a 4.0 scale) must provide a signed letter of recommendation from their principal or guidance counselor and providewritten permission from a parent or legal guardian.
Students in the 9th and 10th grade interested in dual credit must also meet the additional criteria listed below:
- Students in the 10th grade must have an overall minimum grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) and must provide a signed letter of recommendation from their principal and guidance counselor and provide written permission from a parent or legal guardian.
- Students in the 9th grade must have an overall minimum grade point average of 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale), score at the 90th percentile or above on the ACT or SAT, and provide a signed letter of recommendation from their principal and guidance counselor and provide written permission from a parent or legal guardian.
By registering for classes through Three Rivers College, the student agrees that his/her transcript will be released (without charge) at the conclusion of the semester directly to the high school’s authorized contact person.Transferability
All courses fall under the Core 42 MOTR Guarantee unless noted otherwise.
The Missouri Department of Higher Education (MDHE) has identified a common set of general education courses, commonly known as CORE 42. CORE 42 courses are guaranteed to transfer to any Missouri public college or university to satisfy general education requirements.
CORE 42 offers several courses across five knowledge areas. The knowledge areas are: Communications (Oral and Written), Humanities and Fine Arts, Mathematical Sciences, Natural Sciences, and Social & Behavioral Sciences. The state designates these courses with a Missouri Transfer (MOTR) course number. This designation guarantees the one-to-one transfer of these courses to all Missouri public institutions of higher education.
Courses that do not have the CORE 42 designation may still transfer. However, Three Rivers College encourages students to check the transfer equivalency website of the institution to which they plan to transfer in order to be sure.
- Advance High School
- Bell City High School
- Bernie High School
- Bloomfield High School
- Campbell High School
- Caruthersville High School
- Clarkton High School
- Dexter High School
- Doniphan High School
- East Carter County High School
- Greenville High School
- Kennett High School
- Malden High School
- Naylor High School
- Neelyville High School
- Oran High School
- Poplar Bluff High School
- Richland High School
- Risco High School
- Scott City High School
- Sikeston High School
- Southern Reynolds High School
- Van Buren High School
- Zalma High School
If your high school is not partnered with us, but you would like to be, please contact our Dual Credit Coordinator, Amanda Taylor at email@example.com or 573-840-9619.