Financial Aid
FAFSA, Grants, & Other Aid
Below you will find information about the FAFSA, grants, and other forms of aid to attend Three Rivers. Students are encouraged to stop by the Financial Aid Office located in the Westover Administration Building for help with completing a FAFSA.

The Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)

The college participates in four major student financial aid programs offered through the U.S. Department of Education. They include:
  • Federal Pell Grants
  • Federal Work-Study (FWS)
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants (FSEOG)
  • Direct Loans (DL)
By filling out a FAFSA, you are determining your eligibility for all of the above programs, as well as many of Three Rivers' scholarships.

Most of these Title IV programs are need-based. Every recipient of need-based aid at Three Rivers must apply for and, if eligible, accept Pell Grant funds before other limited need-based aid funds will be offered. Financial need is calculated by a formula based on nationally determined standards. The following formula is a simplified explanation of financial need: Cost of Attendance - Expected Family Contribution = Financial Need.

The need analysis services of the U.S. Department of Education's Free Application for Federal Student Aid is used to determine student eligibility for federal, state, as well as some institutional and private student financial aid programs.

Apply for FAFSA Online at
School code for Three Rivers College is 004713.

FAFSA Year 2016-17 2017-18
Tax Records Needed 2015 tax year 2015 tax year (due to prior-prior year regulation)
Semesters student plans to attend Fall 2016
Spring 2017
Summer 2017
Fall 2017
Spring 2018
Summer 2018

Items needed to submit FAFSA:
  1. Social Security number for yourself and parents (if dependent).
  2. Your Driver's License (if applicable).
  3. Your W-2 Forms and other records of money earned (and your spouse's, if you are married) Federal and State Income Tax Returns.
  4. Your Parents' Federal and State Income Tax return (if you are a dependent student).
  5. Any untaxed income (social security, temporary assistance for needy families, welfare benefits, veterans benefits records.
  6. Your current bank statements.
  7. Your current business and investment mortgage information, business and farm records, stock, bond, and other investment records.
  8. Your alien registration or permanent resident card (if you are not a U.S. citizen).

Complete the FAFSA Online
  1. Apply for a FSA ID.
  2. Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online. Make sure to select the correct FAFSA year (see table above). Remember that no fee is charged to apply.
  3. Watch carefully when listing social security numbers and birthdates. It is easy to transpose numbers when you are typing in a hurry.
  4. Be sure to add Three Rivers College school code 004713 to your FAFSA under the “school selection” tab.
  5. Link your taxes using the FAFSA’s IRS Data Retrieval Tool (and your parent(s) if dependent). More information on using the IRS Retrieval Tool can be found here.
  6. For more information on how to complete the FAFSA, you may contact the Financial Aid Office at 573-840-9606 or refer to the Federal Student Aid Website.

Pell Grants

The Pell Grant Program is a federal aid program designed to provide financial assistance to undergraduates in obtaining post-secondary education. To be eligible for a Pell Grant a student must complete a FAFSA and meet all of the following criteria:
  • Demonstrate financial need (difference between cost of attendance and family contribution).
  • Have a high school diploma or a General Education Development (GED) Certificate.
  • Be enrolled or accepted for enrollment as a regular student working toward a degree or certificate in an eligible program. (You may not receive aid for correspondence or telecommunications courses unless they are part of an associate degree program.)
  • Be a U.S. Citizen or eligible noncitizen.
  • Have a valid Social Security number.
  • Meet satisfactory academic progress standards set by the institution.
  • Use federal student aid only for educational purposes.
  • Not be in default on a federal student loan and not owe money on a federal student grant made under Title IV, at any institution.
  • Be registered with Selective Service (males ages 18 through 25).
Initial Pell Grant payments can be expected by approximately the fifth to sixth week of the semester. Late applicants can expect payment in accordance with receipt and processing of their files. Pell payments are made to the student's account in order to pay institutional expenses incurred. If the Pell Grant exceeds the student's account balance, the student will receive a disbursement for the credit balance on their RaiderOne card.

If a student withdraws prior to payment of federal funds, attendance requirements will be used to determine the actual amount a student may be eligible to receive.

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grants

These grants are available under provisions of the Higher Education Act of 1965 for students who have the greatest financial need. The grants typically range from $200-$600 at Three Rivers. The FAFSA is necessary to determine a student's eligibility for FSEOG. The application must be filed in the Three Rivers Financial Aid Office by April 1 for priority processing.

Three Rivers College Menu
About Us News & Headlines Admissions Current Students Academics ARC/Library Financial Aid Student Accounts Student Services Campus Life Faculty/Staff Directory Contact Us Tinnin Center President's Office Campus Safety Raiders Athletics