Direct Student LoanThree Rivers College is approved to participate in the Federal Direct Student Loan program which includes Subsidized Student Loans, Unsubsidized Student Loans, and Parent Plus Loans. Completion of the FAFSA is necessary to determine eligibility. Student loans must be repaid.
We strongly encourage you to borrow responsibly. You can choose to accept, reduce, or decline your loan amount during the on-campus loan counseling session or by completing a Direct Loan Change Form.
Student Loan Eligibility Checklist
- Completed the FAFSA and submitted verification documents (if required).
- Submitted High School Transcript and all College Transcripts (if applicable).
- Must be enrolled in a minimum of 6 credit hours as a degree seeking student for the term(s) the loan is requested.
- Must be in good academic standing and meet all Satisfactory Academic Progress guidelines.
- Not currently in default on a prior student loan.
Student Loan Application Process
- Meet with financial aid representative to discuss the loan process and borrowing eligibility.
- Complete the Loan Agreement for Subsidized/Unsubsidized (MPN) for Three Rivers College at studentloans.gov.
- Complete Entrance Counseling for Three Rivers College at studentloans.gov.
- Complete the Repayment Estimator at studentloans.gov.
- Participate in a Student Loan Information Workshop and complete a Student Loan Request Form to indicate the amount you wish to borrow. Ask Financial Aid for registration information.
- The Student Loan Request Form is reviewed by the financial aid office. Loans are processed in the order they are received.
- Loan is approved (certified) by the financial aid office.
- Certified loan application is sent to the Department of Education for approval.
- Approved loan funds are disbursed in two equal disbursements during each semester. There is a 30 day delay for first-time loan borrowers.
Additional information on Student Loans may be located on the Federal Student Aid Website. Remember student loans must be repaid and information regarding repayment may be located on the Federal Student Aid Website.
Three Rivers does not offer alternative loans such as Perkins or private student loans. For more information regarding student loans, please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 573-840-9606 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parent Plus Loan
Please contact the Office of Financial Aid at 573-840-9606 for information regarding the Parent Plus Loan or visit studentloans.gov for more information.