Federal Work-StudyThree Rivers participates in the Federal Work-Study (FWS) Program, which allows selected eligible students to work part-time throughout the semester. Job positions are limited.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE WE CAN DETERMINE IF YOU ARE ELIGIBLE:
- Submit a FAFSA.
- Make sure your financial aid file is complete (transcripts, verification documents, etc.).
- Be enrolled in the current semester in an approved degree or certificate program.
- Maintain satisfactory academic progress.
- Complete the Student Work-Study Employment Application and submit to the Financial Aid Office:
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Fax: 573-840-9604 or
- Return to the Financial Aid Office.
- The Financial Aid Office will determine eligibility.
- Students who are not eligible will receive communication through the student email account within 7-10 days.
- If you are eligible, your application will be available for review by each department and interviews may be scheduled.
- Applications will remain available for viewing by the designated offices for candidates who are eligible.
- Positions are limited.
- Please contact the Financial Aid Office if you are no longer interested in a work study position.
- Once hired, the office will contact Financial Aid to request a Work Study Eligibility & Hiring Form.
- Upon completion of the form, including all signatures, you should submit the form to the Human Resources Office (WEST111 - Westover Building) with required forms of identification.
- All information must be completed, received, and approved by the Human Resources Office AND your timesheet available in your myTRCC.
- At this point, approved students may begin working at the designated time agreed upon with the supervisor.
For questions about the Federal Work Study program, please email email@example.com or call 573-840-9606.
Current Available Positions
The following is a list of Work-Study positions currently available to Three Rivers students.
Call & Welcome Center
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the Welcome Center (Westover Administration Bldg.).
Description: Assist prospective students with the enrollment process including application for admissions, testing and orientation session registrations. Filing, shredding and possibly making copies of documents. Answering questions and assisting students with campus and website navigation. Assisting staff with office tasks as assigned. Learning and applying knowledge of the College and its policies and procedures to assist themselves and others throughout their college experience.
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the Career Services Office (Westover Administration Bldg., Room 101)
Description: Learn and apply knowledge of Career Services and Three Rivers College to assist students, staff, and employers. Answer office phone, filing, organization of materials, data entry, and other information. Assist students with Career Services software programs. Assist students with career exploration, job search, resume and cover letter building and other job related information. Help employers who want to post job openings. Assisting Coordinator of Career Services with other office related duties upon request and other duties as assigned.
Distance Learning Services
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the Distance Learning Office on the second floor of the E. K. Porter Distance Learning Center.
Description: Must have technical experience. Facilitate ITV video conference room needs on the Poplar Bluff campus (Equipment Troubleshooting, Camera orientation, DVD recording, Classroom Up-Keep) as well as assist off-site facilitators by troubleshooting over the phone. Enroll students and instructors into Blackboard courses as directed. Communicate via phone and email with students and instructors to resolve issues with Blackboard courses. Use a computer to replicate and provide a resolution to the user's issue, and keep all other office staff aware of any ongoing issues reported. Other technical projects as assigned.
Educational Talent Search
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the Educational Talent Search Office (Westover Administration Bldg., Room 114)
Description: Tutor students in first through four grade in reading and math. Tutor students in sixth though twelfth grade in requested academic areas. Complete office duties as required by the Talent Search Office; such as, filing, data entry, organizing materials and general office management duties.
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the Office of Institutional Effectiveness (Westover Administration Bldg., Room 209).
Description: Providing assistance to the Research Coordinator and other full time employees within the Office of Institutional Effectiveness. Duties will include but limited to: light data entry, organizing and gathering institutional wide documentation, answering telephones, assisting other office personnel with miscellaneous request, filing and other duties as assigned.
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply with the Maintenance Office (call Rob at 573-772-2016).
Description: Will need to operate various grounds equipment. Spring planting. Will also need to be able to lift and move furniture, boxes, and various other items. Assisting staff in performance of projects. Assisting staff in completion of work tickets.
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the President’s Office (Westover Administration Bldg., 214)
Description: Answering phones, compiling booklets, assisting with communications publications, greeting visitors to the three areas.
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the Dean of Students Office (Westover Administration Bldg., Room 103)
Description: Answer phones, Greet and direct visitors, Answer phone calls, Scan documents, Assist with mailing projects, Assist with overall projects guest and/or students not only in our office.
Tinnin Center – Backstage / Art Gallery
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the Tinnin Fine Arts Center Office.
Description: Provide help in all technical aspect needs for shows in Tinnin or Staff Art Gallery each week.
Details: One (1) position available. 15 hours per week. Inquire and apply at the University Center (Westover Administration Bldg., Room 200B)
Description: Coordinate office visits between students and University Partners, take messages for the University partners and relaying that information to them., manage the flow of students in the University Center, perform basic office tasks, assist the University Center Director as needed.