A+ Scholarship Program
The A+ Scholarship Program provides funds to eligible graduates of A+ designated high schools who attend a participating college.
A+ Scholarship Program
The A+ award is reduced by the amount of available non-loan, federal financial assistance, such as the federal Pell grant. The A+ award may result in zero if the Pell grant is sufficient to cover your tuition and common fees. Submission of the FAFSA is required.
To maintain eligibility while attending Three Rivers, the A+ student must:
- Submit a copy of the official A+ stamped high school transcript.
- Complete and submit the FAFSA application each year. (Remember that for Summer A+ you must complete the previous year’s FAFSA.)
- Be enrolled in and complete a minimum of 12 hours for the fall and spring semester (6 hours for summer).
- Complete the first semester with a 2.0 cumulative grade point average (GPA) and complete each following semester with a 2.5 cumulative GPA.
- Pursue an approved degree or certificate program.
What happens if I drop classes after receiving A+?
- You will be financially responsible for the charges for that class, as funds will be returned to the State of Missouri for the dropped course(s).
- If, after dropping the class, you do not meet the 12 hour completion requirement (6 credits for summer), you will lose your A+ eligibility for future semesters.
- To regain eligibility, you must complete the number of credits making the difference between the actual credits completed and the 12 hours completion requirement (for instance, if you drop and only complete 7 hours in Spring, you’d have to complete 5 credits in Summer, paying out-of-pocket, to regain A+ Scholarship eligibility for the following Fall).
What happens if I don’t meet the GPA requirement?
- If, after your first renewal, your cumulative GPA drops below 2.5, you lose your A+ eligibility. You may regain eligibility the semester after you bring your cumulative GPA back up to 2.5 or greater.
How long can I receive my A+ award?
- You have a 4-year window beginning at high school graduation to use A+ (Service in the U.S. armed forces can defer your eligibility window).
- Until you receive an associate’s degree.
- Until you complete 105% of the number of credit hours required in your current program of study (if you change your major or take classes outside your program of study your A+ Scholarship may end before you can graduate).
For more information on the A+ program, contact the Office of Financial Aid at 573-840-9606 or email@example.com or visit the Missouri Department of Higher Education website.