Registration ends on January 11 for Spring semester classes at Three Rivers College for new and returning students. The Spring semester at Three Rivers begins January 14. Three Rivers holds classes at locations in Poplar Bluff, Sikeston, Dexter, Kennett, Piedmont, and Cape Girardeau.
New this year during Winter Break, students will be able to email EnrollNow@trcc.edu for assistance with registering for the Spring semester. TRC Enrollment Services staff will be checking the account daily between December 19 and January 1 when College offices are closed and will respond within 24 hours. Normal business hours will resume on January 2.
To help make the registration process more enjoyable, Three Rivers College is holding Registration Rush events in December and January.
- Chromebook Giveaway 5 p.m. December 14: Everyone who registers for Spring 2019 classes by December 14 will be entered to win one of two Chromebooks.
- Wake Up and Register 7 – 11 a.m. December 12: Enjoy coffee and doughnuts while registering for the Spring semester.
- Wrap Up Registration 2 – 5 p.m. December 13: Come register for Spring, or bring your Spring schedule, and we’ll wrap up to five gifts for you.
- Pictures with Santa and Mrs. Claus 3-5 p.m. December 14: Bring your kids and a camera and take your holiday photos. Ask about registering while you’re here.
- Tech Thursday January 3: Get help setting up TRC email on your phone and get answers to questions about myMail and myTRCC. Staff will also be available to help new and returning students register for classes.
- Financial Aid Friday January 4: From 9 a.m. to noon get help with FAFSA verification issues, and from 2 to 5 p.m. get help completing your FAFSA. Get a list of documents to bring at: https://trcc.edu/financialaid/aid.php. If you can’t make it during those times, email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org, call 573-840-9606, stop by the Financial Aid Office in the Westover Building on the Poplar Bluff Campus, or ask the staff at our locations.
- Welcome Day January 8: Come to the College to tour campus, get questions answered, register for Spring classes, and enjoy cookies and hot cocoa.
- Wednesday Wellness Day January 9: Prepare for a better life by registering for Spring classes. While you’re on campus, take part in wellness and fitness activities available throughout the day.
- Registration Fair January 10: Meet the faculty, learn more about programs, take part in fun activities, and register for classes.
- Final Push Friday January 11: The final day to register for Spring. Staff will be available all day to answer questions, help with issues, and get you ready to start the Spring semester. Food will also be available.
In addition to the planned events, faculty and staff advisors will be available in person, by phone, or through email to assist students with career planning and progression through December 18 and January 2 and after. For assistance or to schedule an orientation session, contact the Welcome Center at 573-840-9605. For assistance during Winter Break December 19-January 1, email EnrollNow@trcc.edu.
Those interested in enrolling can browse available courses by clicking “Search for Classes” under “Admissions” at trcc.edu. Current students, with advisor approval, can register online through the myTRCC system. Prospective students must fill out a free application and attend a “ROCS” orientation session to be eligible to register for classes. The Getting Started Checklist is a step-by-step guide through the admissions process and is available at trcc.edu/admissions.
Prospective students can learn more about the college transfer and career-technical programs offered at Three Rivers by creating a personalized e-brochure at trcc.edu/ebrochure.
New students needing financial aid should begin the application process as soon as possible. For more information on how to apply for financial assistance at Three Rivers, visit trcc.edu/financialaid.
“If you’re wanting to start your education journey at Three Rivers, time is running out to apply for admission,” said Chris Adams, Director of Enrollment Services at Three Rivers College. “Students need to complete the application, financial aid, and registration processes now. The sooner they get started, the easier it will be to get them ready for the first day of classes on January 14.”
Registering now is especially important for returning students, according to Dr. Justin Hoggard, Dean of Instruction. “We know our students have busy lives. Registering as early as possible is the best way to ensure their class schedules work well with their other obligations,” said Hoggard.
Three Rivers College is committed to contributing to the quality of life in Southeast Missouri with quality, affordable higher education opportunities and community services that support and encourage the economic, civic, and cultural vitality of the region. For more information about college and workforce programs and upcoming events, visit trcc.edu.