Train to succeed in the field of firefighting:
- Search and Rescue
- Fire Inspection
- Fire Investigation
Fire Science at Three Rivers College gives you the training needed to succeed in a career in the field of Firefighting. At Three Rivers, we offer affordable costs, financial aid, A+ Incentive, convenient classes, and hands-on training.
The Fire Science program at Three Rivers is a hybrid of online curriculum and hands-on training. With this program, students only need to be on campus one day a week for skills training.
We offer all Missouri Division of Fire Safety Certifications.
- Demonstrate proficiency in firefighting skills as listed in the National Fire Protection Association’s (NFPA) Current standard 1001.
- Demonstrate knowledge necessary to respond to a given hazardous materials incident.
- Demonstrate knowledge of personal safety, accountability, fitness, and performance standards by designing, presenting, and analyzing a written Standard Operating Guideline/Standard operating procedure (SOG/SOP) for Emergency Response using current Missouri state laws and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) guidelines.
- Apply knowledge of Hostile Fire Events in structure fires and recognize the conditions that lead up to them.
- Identify and demonstrate the basic components that provide the basis for Firefighting and Emergency Services Occupations.
- Explain laws, ordinances, and practices related to fire prevention, protection, suppression, mitigation, and alarm systems.