Train to succeed in the field of firefighting:
- Search and Rescue
- Fire Inspection
- Fire Investigation
The Associate of Applied Science degree in Fire Science at Three Rivers College gives you the training needed to succeed in a career in the field of Firefighting. At Three Rivers, we offer affordable costs, financial aid, A+ Incentive, convenient classes, and hands-on training.
The Fire Science program at Three Rivers is a hybrid of online curriculum and hands-on training. With this program, students only need to be on campus one day a week for skills training.
We offer all Missouri Division of Fire Safety Certifications.
Here are some of the courses we offer as part of an education plan for Fire Science. Specific requirements are listed in the College Catalog.
- Building Construction
- Emergency Vehicle Driver
- Fire Behavior & Combustion
- Firefighter I and II
- Fire Investigator
- Fire Officer I and II
- Fire Service Hydraulics & Water Supply
- Hazardous Materials Awareness
- Hazardous Materials Operations
- Principles of Emergency Services
- Search & Rescue
- Strategy & Tactics
- Vehicle Rescue Technician
- Wildland Fire
- Demonstrate proficiency in firefighting skills as listed in the National Fire Protection Association’s (NFPA) Current standard 1001.
- Demonstrate knowledge necessary to respond to a given hazardous materials incident.
- Demonstrate knowledge of personal safety, accountability, fitness, and performance standards by designing, presenting, and analyzing a written Standard Operating Guideline/Standard operating procedure (SOG/SOP) for Emergency Response using current Missouri state laws and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) guidelines.
- Apply knowledge of Hostile Fire Events in structure fires and recognize the conditions that lead up to them.
- Identify and demonstrate the basic components that provide the basis for Firefighting and Emergency Services Occupations.
- Explain laws, ordinances, and practices related to fire prevention, protection, suppression, mitigation, and alarm systems.
Three Rivers College Catalog
Get information about core courses, electives and concentrations in our current academic course catalog.